1. The Bible is inspired by God and is perfect with no errors. It is God's design and plan for mankind, and our guide for faith and living.
(2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Hebrews: 4:12)
2. There is only one True God--revealed in three persons.... Father, Son, & Holy Spirit. (commonly known as the Trinity)
(Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:10, 11)
3. Jesus is God. He left heaven and became a man to be our example and empathize with us. He has always been and will always be.
(Matthew 28:19, Mark: 1:10, 11)
4. Mankind is broken and attracted to sin. Through sin mankind brought evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
(Genesis 3:1-7, Isaiah 59:2)
5. Jesus suffered and died on the Cross so we could have a relationship with God. This relationship is initiated by God through His grace and received by mankind through faith. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
6. Water baptism and communion should be offered on a regular basis.
- Water Baptism by immersion after becoming a Christian.
- Communion (The Lords Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
- We serve communion in morning services. (Matthew 3:15, Acts 2:38, Matthew 26:26, 29, 1 Corinthians 11:23-30)
7. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is available to all believers, after salvation, to help them tell others about Jesus and live a godly life.
(Acts 1:8, Luke: 24:49)
8. The first physical sign that someone has been baptized in the Holy Spirit is that they will speak in an unlearned language.
(Acts 2:1-4, Acts 10:44-48, Acts 19: 1-6)
9. Christians should grow in their relationship with Christ. Being holy is a lifelong process of overcoming sin and temptation and becoming like Jesus. (Hebrews 12:14, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Galatians 5:16)
10. The church has three purposes on this earth:
- To reach out to sinners with the good news of what Jesus has done for them.
- To be the representation of Jesus on this earth.
- To bless God with our lives. (Matthew 16:18, Matthew 28:19)
11. God has placed ministers in the church to help the church carry out these purposes. (Acts 13:2, Ephesians 4:11)
12. Healing for sickness and disease is provided through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.
(Exodus 15:26, Psalms 103:1-3, Isaiah 53:4-5, Acts 10:38, James 5:14-16)
13. Jesus will return in the future to take Christians, both those who are alive and those who have already died, to heaven to be with Him forever. (Titus 2:13, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
14. That Jesus will return to the earth in the future and rule for 1,000 years. (Revelation 20:1-6)
15. There will be a final judgement for those who have rejected Christ. These will be confined to the lake of fire for eternity.
16. God will create a perfect new earth and the city of Heaven will rest on it. All people, of all time, who have accepted Him as their Savior will live with Him for eternity. (2 Peter 3:10, Revelation 21)